Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Own Kind of Fair


July is the month that the local county fair comes to town. When we were growing up the fair was two weeks long, but in the last couple of years they have shortened it to a week, whether it was budget restraints or just pure ghettoness I am not sure. Either way, I have always loved going, even if it is only for an hour or two. I love the "fair food", funnel cake is the ultimate, and cotton candy is a close second. This year "the crew" joined up to go on a friday night after work. I had to opt out as I had a Mary Kay thing to take care of, but planned on meeting up with them right after. Everyone met at our place and I took off to do my errand. When I got home everyone was still there to my surprise! They were bummed I wasn't going to make it and I guess pretty much decided that the thing they were all going for was the "fair food" too. So they busted out our Deep Fryer that we had received as a wedding gift and had NEVER used. Erin S. googled a batter recipe and we had a super fun night of funnel cake, deep fried twinkees and deep fried snickers. We were all pretty much sick at the end of the night, but we had fun and we had "fair food" so we couldn't complain much!

No comments:

Post a Comment