Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Very Late Halloween!

Yes, yes, yes, this is very delayed.  My laptop went down, which is where I have been contucting these blog postings from.  Tonight, with a wish and a prayer, I turned it on and lo and behold it started it up without a glitch.  It is running a little slow, but I will take slow over not working at all.

My dad called the day of Halloween and asked me to pick up some pumpkins for the house....have you ever gone pumpkin hunting on the day of Halloween?  My advice, DON'T!  I went to five grocery stores and found two Cinderella pumpkins and three miniture organic pumpkins, and that was it!  I felt lucky at that!

Also, a note on Cinderella pumpkins, they don't smell like a regular pumpkin inside.  It's more like a typical gord or squash smell. Not unpleasant, but not the nostalgic pumpkin smell. They are also really soft, so on the upside, easier to clean out. Lastly, they are so squatty that you really don't have too many choice on design.  Hence why mine look like this!

After it was all said and done, it was super fun to carve 5 pumpkins.  They looked so neat all lit up...once it got dark.  We had about 30 trick-or-treaters, not too many, but enough to feel satisfied.  All in all a great Halloween....I just miss getting to be the trick-or-treater...maybe next year we will take the baby out- hahaha just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment