Thursday, September 3, 2009

Urban Ore

This past Saturday Aaron and I cleaned the house a bit and then took off to Urban Ore in Berekely; a place we have...ok I have...been wanting to go to for about 1.5 years! It's a mecca for the "refurbished"- or soon to be. They take in loads from contractors daily, who are renovating homes, buildings, etc and need a place to get rid of house hold and construction items that are still "usable" or "refurbishable".
From the moment Aaron and I first moved in to our condo I knew that there were a lot of things to be done, and so far we have pretty much turned this place upside down (in more ways than one), but there are still some projects that I am hoping to get to one day. My next three projects for this palce are: renovate the bathrooms, put in French Cafe doors to the laundry room and change all the door knobs. When I first heard about Urban Ore on a weekend news feature I was totally excited I knew this would be the place to go to find my french cafe doors and vintage door knobs. Though I didn't find the doors YET, I did find the vintage glass door knobs I have been looking for...though they are kind of expensive.
For the true "vintage" all glass door knobs I am looking at 15.00 per knob! YIKES! They have some fake ones for $1 each, wich is what I will probably put on the closests since those don't really matter. Never the less, I didn't get anything today, but Aaron and I had a great time walking the place! I can't wait to go back and do some purchasing when the time is right!

Old Radiators

2 comments:

  1. OMG I really want those door nobs also. I have been wanting some for so long they are my fav. Have fun in NM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have looked a lot of places for them and they are always so expensive! This place was like half what I have seen them for.

    ReplyDelete