Saturday, February 11, 2012

A Career Change

In November, I left CK Ent., the clothing manufacturer that I had worked at for almost 7 years and took a job, and career change at Kaiser Permanente in Oakland.  Yes, I doubled my commute (some days triple), but it has been well worth it.
I was able to get in a carpool with Aaron's brother and his coworker who work about Ten minutes from me, which has really paid off, and makes the commute a lot easier to swallow.
The job is, what I like to call, a Glorified Secretary. However, the exact title is Administrative Assistant III.  The "III" is important, as there are three levels of Administrative Assistants, and Three is the highest (woo hoo). Anyway, I work at the National level in the Service Quality sector, which oversees all Kaiser hospitals and medical centers.  It's a pretty neat thing, to see all of this in action, and the pride that Kaiser takes in the health care industry.  I am a "kaiser lifer" as I like to call myself, being as that I have never had another medical plan other than one with Kaiser. To be able to be a part of making a difference within the Kaiser system, is so awesome, as I get to be a part of implementing change, as well as be a receiver of that change.
So enough with the business stuff, here's the important thing- look the view from my desk!
View of San Francisco

No comments:

Post a Comment