Monday, December 7, 2009

Tea for Two...

Finally, after almost a year, I took Erin for her 2008 Christmas present- Tea in the City! We went to lovejoys, which was quaint and delicious. Though our waitress was a little abrupt we still made the best of it. Erin and I don't venture out too much, so we started with regular English Breakfast tea, a drop of milk and two lumps of sugar. Our High tea consisted of four sandwich- Chicken Curry, Chicken Salad, Roast Beef with Horseradish, and finally hummus and ....oh dear... I think ham? Not sure. Erin did I miss something? Shoot! Oh well, close enough!
It also included a salad, two sugar cookies, and two raisin scones, served with "Strawberry Preserves" (smuckers strawberry jam Erin noticed while peeking into the kitchen on her way to the bathroom) and Double Devon Cream (also from a jar). If you wanted extra preserves or cream they charged you like 2.00 or something ridiculous. HAHA!
We finished the luncheon off with Afternoon Darjeeling tea, which was light and lovely. We had such a good time!!

Before we took tea we did a little shopping in the City. It was supposd to be some Christmas shopping, but quickly turned selfish as we both pretty much cleaned up. Erin bought a great coat and something else at H&M which was premiering the one time, exclusive release of Jimmy Choo designed clothing, foot wear, hand bags and accessories. We watched like patrons at a circus as the people went crazy for the stuff and like it was a food drop in a Somali village. I mean seriously these people were crazy! We were like "it's still too expensive for us too buy". $300.00 for a handbag, $60 for a belt.... I don't think so. Some girls let us look through the things they didn't want. Somehow I got stuck holding a hand bag and a belt. I looked at two girls going through their treasures and asked if they wanted either of the items in my hand, they declined but some guy took the belt. Then I took the 300.00 bag up to the counter and decided to ask one more time to another group of people if they wanted it. They also declined, but some other girl at the check out overheard me, whipped around (seriously) and litterally without looking at the bag screamed at me "I WANT IT, I WANT IT!!!!!!!!" I was like "ooookkkk it's yours" Erin and I had good laugh over that one! hahahahahaah!
After shopping and tea, we got a call from Erin's parents who happened to be volunteering with the Eagle Scouts in the city and invited us to dinner at Bucca Di Beppos. Great family style Italian food and HUGE beers! I was driving so I wasn't able to finish mine, but Erin gulped hers down, sucking dry the bottom....just kidding!! hahah!


All in all we had a really great day together. A much needed day together!!! It's amazing how old fartish we are all getting. Working takes a lot out of you, and the weekends aren't much better. Is there anywhere that believes in 3 day weekends every weekend, cuz I could really use that extra day to stay up with Friends like Erin, and get my other stuff done too!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I have not been on here in a while! Please forgive me...the account of our wonderful day in SF is pretty accurate!!

    I returned the coat...haha! Got home and decided that I didn't like it anymore!

    Must have another day like that again very soon!!

    ReplyDelete